New Homework System for 2019!
The new academic year brings with it our new approach to homework.
It is so important to us to ensure that we get the balance right for all of our families so we have made important changes to the homework expectations.
Enjoyment of learning and improving key skills is always our focus so children will be expected to:
- Practice their target times-tables (via our online TTRockstars
- https://www.ttrockstars.com/) A hard copy is also provided in this book should online access be an issue,
- Learn their focus spellings for the week (via our online SpellingShed site https://www.spellingshed.com ) A hard copy of the spellings for this term is also provided in this book,
- Read every day, ensuring that the book is challenging as well as fun to read,
- There is also a Termly optional Homework Grid included in the Contact Book, which gives children an opportunity to complete fun and inspiring activities that are linked to reading, PHSEE or their current Theme.
This Homework book can be handed in every Monday should any of the optional Homework activities be completed.
However, please record when your child practices their times tables, spellings and reads in their Contact Books which should be in school every day.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask your child’s class teacher.